When scheduling an appointment date for a permanent makeup procedure, keep in mind the healing time of the procedure.
You will need a few days afterward without social plans or strenuous activity. You will not look your best (swelling, oozing, & looks like wet paint) so plan activities around the house. Plan a shopping trip ahead of time for items you will need: ointments, straws, napkins for blotting, Q-tips, OTC pain reliever, prescriptions, a good book or movies. Get ahead on your dirty work - no lawn mowing or chores that will get dirt/ bacteria on the healing area.
Do not have a procedure right before going on vacation because...
1) You need healing time – you will not look like you had a makeover at the mall,
2) You may not be able to avoid sun, wind, or other items listed in post-care instructions,
3) If you had a question or permanent makeup problem it would be best to be near your permanent makeup artist and local physician.
Do not wear your good clothes for the procedure because pigment might splatter on them. Pigment washes out of most clothes, but don't risk your favorite ones. Wear something comfortable.
How to prep for permanent makeup (procedure)
• Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
• Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
• Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
• Do not work out the day of the procedure.
• Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
• Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
• Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
• Do not consume coffee before your procedure
• Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Read more about specific services like Permanent Eyeliner or Permanent Lipstick when you visit our Before and After Guide.
About the Author: Michelle can help you enjoy the freedom of an effortless beauty routine that Microblading & Permanent Makeup can provide. Start your day with an ego boost when you see your natural, youthful look! Contact Michelle to set an appointment at www.definedvisage.com/contact.